Folder The way ahead - our five-year and two-year financial recovery plan (July 2014)
PLEASE NOTE - THIS CONSULTATION HAS NOW FINISHED.
Mid Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) leads the NHS that serves the communities of Braintree, Chelmsford and Maldon.
As well as high quality services, we need financial stability to bring the best of modern healthcare to our future population.
At the end of 2013/14 we overspent by £9.1 million on a budget of just under £400 million. We have to overcome the financial pressures and set a plan that will sustain high quality care and build health communities.
We are therefore presenting two plans for mid Essex:
- A five-year plan that sets out the big transformational programmes to create a healthcare service for the future
- A two-year plan Financial Recovery Plan with savings schemes to improve our financial position
The five-year plan looks at health care through every stage of life including children and young people, living safe and well, long term conditions, frailty and end of life care.
The two-year Financial Recovery Plan relies on a series of schemes which are designed to release savings quickly. This includes looking at options where services can be given in the community or through a GP rather than at hospital ie testing for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
We want people to get involved with this consultation on lots of levels including online feedback forms, coming along to open workshops, contacting us for separate meetings and getting involved with future developments through the CCG involvement network.
All feedback from the consultation will captured and summarised into a report for the CCG for its Board meeting on September 25 2014 when the CCG will decide on its plans.
- pdf Download the Five-year and two-year Financial Recovery Plan consultation document (976 KB)
- Let us know your views via the online survey
- Register for one of our open public workshops