Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CCG had was trialling a model of public involvement we agreed with our main patient represenatives in 2018 and implemented in March 2019.
THis model consisted of three separate involvement meetings for community representatives in Braintree District, Chelmsford City and Maldon District.
The CCG arranged a meeting with these localities every three months, to give a good idea of local health-related issues to our Lay Board Member – Patient and Public Engagement ahead of each Board meeting in public. It is the Lay Member's role to represent our residents and hold the CCG accountable for how we involve residents in our decisions and plans, so having recent information from the communities we serve informs her discussions with other Board members.
The following groups are regularly invited:
- Chairs of all the local GP practices' Patient Participation Groups
- Chairs of the hospital friends groups and patient council
- The local umbrella organisation for voluntary groups and charities
- Representatives from local physical and learning disability groups
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Faith and minority ethnic groups
- Healthwatch Essex Ambassadors and members
- Youth Councils
- Resident groups and housing associations with an interest in healthcare
- Local authority partners
- Representatives from the CCG and Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership
You can read about the discussions held in these meetings and look at agendas for future meetings (generally uploaded a week in advance of each meeting) in the folder Locality Reference Groups section of our document library, with a section for each locality.