The Patient Advice and Liaison Service helps people using the NHS, whether a patient, carer, relative or friend, to get the best possible service, resolve problems as quickly and easily as possible, and provide any information you may require.
PALS does this by listening to patients' concerns as well as their suggestions about improvements to services and what is already working well. PALS is confidential, non-judgemental and independent, and the service helps to enable patients to make the most appropriate and informed choices about their own health care.
At PALS we can offer:
- Signposting to the appropriate service or NHS organisation for your enquiry
- Advice on how to become involved in the development of NHS Mid Essex CCG services
- Help to manage a complaint informally if you would prefer not to go through the formal complaints procedure
- Guidance on the formal complaints procedure if we are unable to resolve your problem
- A listening ear to suggestions and ideas to help us improve services
PALS does not:
- Provide counselling
- Deal with or investigate formal complaints
- Provide a complaints advocacy service
- Deal with Information Requests, which must go through the Freedom of Information Team
PALS is a completely confidential service and we will not speak to anyone about you or the issues raised without your permission. Your enquiry will remain anonymous, but in order to ensure all concerns are brought to the attention of the correct NHS staff to enable service improvement, we keep confidential records of all enquiries. We can also communicate in different languages, via an interpreter, and make use of other communication methods where necessary.
How to contact Mid Essex CCG PALS and other providers
Telephone 01245 459459 (office hours 9am to 4pm with a confidential voicemail available out of hours)
Please note, in order to ensure the highest standards of customer care, calls to and from our Patient Experience Team will be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes.
Write to the Patient Experience team:
PALS, NHS Mid Essex CCG
Hedgerows Business Park
Please ensure you include your full name and address on any correspondence as we will need this when we contact you regarding your concerns.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust (Broomfield Hospital) PALS
The hospitals you visit also have their own PALS and Pateint Experience teams you can contact regarding about their services.
Most mid Essex patients who need a hospital stay use Broomfield Hospital. You can contact their PALS department in person by visiting room A109 between WH Smith and Marks & Spencer in the Main Atrium of the hospital. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
You can call also call the Broomfield PALS team on 01245 514130 (lines open 10.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday).