John Gilham was appointment as Lay Member for Governance in July 2018.
John is a former chief executive of two NHS hospital Trusts in Essex covering a period of almost nine years. He has over 30 years’ management experience across a range of functions in the NHS. John has most recently served as a public sector non-executive director with the NHS, including undertaking the role as Chair of the Risk and Quality Committee at East & North Hertfordshire NHS Trust. John also has experience of working with the private sector over the last six years in the role as a management consultant focusing on how their services can best be matched to the needs of the NHS and to give patients an improved service experience.
- Lay Board member (Governance)
- Chair of Audit Committee
- Chair of Remuneration and Terms of Service Committee
- Chair of Finance and Performance Committee
- Conflicts of Interest Guardian
- Freedom to Speak Up (Whistleblowing) Champion